From Yid with Lid, an analysis and excerpts of Debbie Wasserman Schultz interview on the new Al Sharpton show (my emphasis added):
Perhaps the worst thing the DNC Chair said was at a level of incompetence rarely seen even for someone like Ms Wasserman-Schultz. With a straight face she said, “We’ve really begun to turn the economy around.” Not a smirk or snicker, she really seemed to believe what she was saying.
That statement in itself proves that Schultz does not possess enough intelligence to read a newspaper, even one with big print. The latest economic news has been horrible. Just in the past week we have been hit with the following bad news:
- Layoffs Way Up
- Consumer Income lowest growth in 11 months
- Consumer Spending first decline in 21 months
- Durable Goods orders falling every month since April
- Manufacturing Index major drop during the past month
- Consumer Confidence down ten points in three months
- Investor Confidence down seventeen points in three months
- Gross domestic product, the best indicator of the country’s overall economic health rose at a paltry annual rate of 1.3% in second quarter, first quarter revised downward to paltry .04%
- Factory Orders way down
See what I mean, it is impossible for someone with a normal supply of cranial capacity to decipher that information as turning the economy around.
As a conservative, it’s nice to see the DNC Chair wandering around from TV Show to TV Show making idiotic comments about the economy. But I am more than just a political wonk, I am also a human and it pains me to see the Democratic Party sending this poor feeble woman out into the public when it is clear that she lacks the capacity to sound even reasonably intelligent. And her prospects for learning on the job are not good, because as Ron White says “You can’t fix stupid.”
Who’s giving her talking points? Does the administration even pay any attention to the stuff she’s saying? Or, Option B: as I have suspected for some time – they do hear, and they’re fine with it, because they believe it too. Or, Option C: they don’t really care.
Read the rest at Yid with Lid; he has the video from the show.